The memos from the board regarding the new directives announced by the government are being sent to members via your work email.
The specialized classrooms are not expected to start up until Monday, administration is gathering info and the special education department is making the arrangements. Hopefully with this delay the N95 masks will be available, they were shipped yesterday so praying they are in before the end of the week for distribution. We have also asked that rapid tests be available to the special education staff who will be returning to work next week, we do not have an answer yet we will communicate when we do.
Afternoon custodial staff will continue working afternoons, the board is concerned about increasing numbers and is wanting to keep things status quo as this is a timed shut down. We were able to get a commitment to look at it again if the shut down is extended.
The board does not have the memo from the government confirming in writing what was verbally shared in the conference call, this may have an impact if there are changes when the memo arrives.
If you have specific concerns please speak with your administration or supervisor, if you are not able to come to a resolution, please let us know. We will continue to have ongoing meetings with the board regarding concerns as we move forward.
Thank you for your continued professionalism in these very challenging and unprecedented times.
OSBCU has not been able to get any information from the government at the time of this email, as our practice if we receive any information, we will send it out.
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Praying all of you remain safe,
CUPE Local 4154